Paid Internship Opportunities with SavATree!
SavATree has internship opportunities available for the summer of 2016 for students currently enrolled in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Turf and related majors/programs. We are an industry leader in environmentally sensible plant health care, general tree care, professional lawn care and turf management for residential, commercial, institutional, government and historic properties. You will be joining a healthy, growing company, working with professionals providing premier arboricultural services including tree disease diagnosis, insect treatments, safety inspection, natural and organic lawn care and tree pruning. You will also have the opportunity to work on some of the most beautiful landscapes in the country from one of our office locations in the Chicagoland, Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Mid-West regions.
Our goal is to offer interns a well-rounded practical experience to supplement what you’ve learned in the classroom during the school year. You will work side by side with our professionals in as many different facets of our business as is practical. If your school has any specific requirements for your internship, we’ll work with you to try to tailor our program to ensure those requirements are met. If there is a particular aspect of our business (such as turf care or plant health care) that is of special interest to you, we’ll try to get you more time in that service line and with our experts.
- Your experience will include:
- Assisting the plant healthcare and/or lawn care specialists, including time on a client’s property performing applications and an introduction to the equipment used to diagnose and treat customer properties.
- Working with tree crews typically involved in pruning, bracing, cabling, storm-damage clean up, and a variety of other tasks. We insist on the highest degree of safety in all we do, so we’ll try to give you as broad exposure to our work and equipment and its use as we can without putting you, or our team, in harm’s way.
- Shadowing an arborist on sales calls and customer visits.
- Time in the office so you have a basic understanding of the operations and office management functions that are so vital to the success of any business.
If you are interested in applying for an internship, please send your resume, your desired location and any additional requirements to [email protected] for consideration. When applying please let us know the branch you are most interested in and a second choice if possible. *Housing assistance discussed on an individual basis
To learn more about SavATree, please visit our site at www.savatree.com. We have a number of full-time/permanent positions too, and we’d love to hear from you!
SAVATREE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Click here to learn more about SavATree or to sign up for a complimentary consultation.
SavATree is a proud supporter of Boys and Girls Club
About SavATree & SavaLawn
SavATree & SavaLawn are the green choice for environmentally sensible tree, shrub and lawn care services for residential, commercial, historic and government properties in select parts of CT, DC, IL, MA, MD, MN, NJ, NY, PA, VA and WI. Services performed by certified arborists and trained field specialists include: tree pruning; fertilizing; plant health care; insect, disease and mite management; deer deterrent solutions; lawn care services and so much more. Organic, traditional and hybrid options are available. Learn more at www.savatree.com.