Deep Root Tree Fertilizer & Soil CareLike all living things, trees need nutrients in order to grow strong and healthy. In an urban or suburban environment, nutrient deficiencies are a particular danger to the health of your trees. There, property owners tend to remove fallen leaves, your tree's natural nutrient source. As a result, the trees are forced to compete with other vegetation for remaining nutrient supply and water. This, coupled with stress from compacted soils, drought, and root space infringement, causes health problems. SavATree's ArborHealth® provides essential nutrients to the root zones of trees and shrubs. Our arborists determine precise intervals based on the specific needs of your landscape. Variables such as tree species, soil conditions, age, health, location, weather, and stress conditions all factor into the tree fertilizer formula that your arborist develops for your property.
Advantages of Deep Root TreatmentsSavATree utilizes a sub-surface liquid injection process to administer the nutrient programs. Injecting organic fertilizer and soil amendments into the ground under pressure replenishes depleted soil with nutrients. It also disperses and aerates compacted soil, allowing water and oxygen to reach the root hairs where absorption takes place.
ArborHealth® Tree Fertilizer OptionsKnowing which application is right for your landscape can be confusing. Fortunately, your SavATree arborist will recommend the best treatment for your landscape’s specific needs that contain one or more of the following ingredients:
- ArborHealth® - specially formulated, slow-release organic blend fertilizer which includes essential micro and macro nutrients.
- ArborKelp® - our exclusive seaweed biostimulant which promotes root growth and heightens stress tolerance
- Micronutrients - ingredients to correct specific mineral deficiencies
- Mycorrhizae - essential fungus to simulate the forest environment
Our Rules for Tree Fertilization
- ArborKelp® should be used alone or in conjunction with ArborHealth® when trees and shrubs struggle with long-term stress. This combined application is also appropriate when trees and shrubs are recovering from damaged or compromised root systems, stressed by transplanting or construction damage, or enduring drought conditions.
- If your landscape’s soil lacks essential nutrients, ArborHealth® should be used to promote healthy plant growth.
- In specific circumstances, ArborKelp® will be recommended in place of fertilization when the supplemental Nitrogen contained in ArborHealth® will have a negative effect on plant health.