Thomas Miles, ISA Certified Arborist
Territory and Services:
Thomas operates out of SavATree’s Hanover, MA branch providing comprehensive tree, shrub, lawn, tick and deer services to Duxbury, Cohasset, and Marshfield Hills, MA. Some services that Thomas and the team offer to clients in the Hanover area include tree pruning, tree and lawn fertilization, tree removal, tree disease and lawn disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment, shrub services including Boxwood Blight treatments, organic lawn care and other organic care options, pest control including mosquito and tick treatments, lawn aeration, lawn seeding and deer repellents. If you would like to keep your property healthy and thriving throughout the entire year, then get in contact with Thomas to schedule a complimentary consultation.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (781) 336-1283
Tom is an ISA Certified Arborist, State Licensed Tree Expert and Consulting Forester with over 20 years of experience in Arboriculture, Forestry, Wildlife Sciences, Fisheries Sciences, Civil Engineering and Natural Resource Management. He specializes in tree preservation plans, tree protection during construction, tree risk assessments, tree inventories and invasive plant management.
Tom earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Wildlife, Fisheries and Forest Sciences from Frostburg State University in the Appalachian mountains of western Maryland. He also completed minors in Forestry, Biology, Botany and Environmental Geography. Tom has completed continuing education and post-baccalaureate studies at John Hopkins University and the University of New Hampshire in the fields of Forestry, Natural Resources, Environmental Sciences and Soil Science.
Tom has had the pleasure to work with the National Park Service, Architect of the Capital, U.S. Army Corps Of Engineers, U.S. Botanic Garden, National Gallery of Art, County Officials, General Contractors, Landscape Architects and Engineers on a multitude of commercial, land development and tree preservation projects.
- ISA Certified Arborist, MA-5280A
- Maryland Licensed Tree Expert, #1836
- Virginia Registered Consulting Forester
- Maryland Licensed Commercial Applicator (Categories: 2 (Forest Management), 3-A (Ornamental Control), 5-A (Aquatic Management), and 6 (Right-Of-Way Management)
- Virginia Licensed Commercial Applicator (Categories: 2 (Forest Management), 3-A (Ornamental Control), 5-A (Aquatic Management), and 6 (Right-Of-Way Management)
- New Hampshire Apprentice Wetland Scientist
- 2019 Land Conservation Award for Tree Preservation
- From Fairfax County, Virginia Board of Supervisors
- Project: Difficult Run at Brittenford Drive Stream Restoration, Vienna, VA
- 2018 Land Conservation Award for Tree Preservation
- From: Fairfax County, Virginia Board of Supervisors
- Project: Reston Eastgate, Reston, VA
Tom grew up in Maryland and coastal South Carolina. He has strong roots and ties to New England, specifically Massachusetts and Maine. He lives with his wife, two boys and a brindled mountain cur in Marshfield, MA. His other interests include guitar, mandolin, fiddle music, trail running, kayaking, surfing, fishing, hiking, biking, foraging, history, wildcrafting and anything outside really.
Why He Became an Arborist:
“I am fascinated by the natural world. Even as a child, I have been drawn to wild places. Trees are some of the most important living organisms on the planet. I feel a deep connection to trees and forests.”
Customer Service Philosophy:
“I listen to my customers to hear their concerns and needs.”
Tom had lunch with President Bush, his wife Barbara and the Oak Ridge Boys while working for an engineering company and working on the Bush property of Walker’s Point in Kennebunkport, Maine.