Steve Aitken, Arborist
Territory and Services:
Steve operates out of SavATree’s Lakewood branch and provides tree care services to Boulder, Lafayette, Longmont, Louisville, Superior and Westminster, CO. Some popular services that he offers to his clients in the Lakewood Area include tree removal, tree pruning, tree fertilization and disease management, organic tree and shrub services, pest control including tick and mosquito treatments, and lawn fertilization. If you are in need of any services to keep your property beautiful and healthy, contact Steve. He will come out to your property and set up a custom tree, shrub, and lawn care program for your property.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (720) 238-4816
Over 35 years in residential, commercial, and golf course maintenance/ renovation work. Extensive knowledge in plant health care including turf, trees, shrubs, and native grasses.
- Michigan State University – Turfgrass Management Degree
- St. Clair County Community College – Horticulture Degree
- Green industry leader in Environmental Stewardship.
- Worked with Audubon International to establish one of the very 1st golf courses to be certified as an Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary.
- Certified Golf Course Superintendent since 1993
- Qualified Supervisor Pesticide Applicator since 1987
- Tree health care and tree trimming specialist for the annual “International”- PGA Tour event at Castle Pines Golf Club.
- Glen Frye of the Eagles had Steve build a putting green and provide tree service off the deck of his recording studio prior to the Eagles reuniting and producing a new album in 1994.
- Developed agronomic and renovation programs that enabled Aspen Golf Club to become a top 20 Golf Course in the nation.
Steve and his wife Peggi have been married for 33 years. They have two daughters Alexandria a Dentist and Courtney a Meteorologist. (Steve believes all those years watching the daily weather forecast was one of the reasons Courtney became a Meteorologist).
Peggi and Steve enjoy spending time with their Flat Coated Retriever (Brooke), playing tennis, pickleball, and traveling to visit their daughters who currently live out of state.
Why Did You Become an Arborist?
Steve’s first passion has always been working to improve landscape health and aesthetic appeal. Additionally, Steve enjoys working with people. The arborist position at SavATree has allowed Steve the opportunity to do both of these every day.
Your Customer Service Philosophy:
“The customer is why we are able to work in this industry. Give the customer the very best service and you will succeed!”
Steve writes left handed, throws a baseball right handed and a football lefthanded. It has not been confirmed that Steve fell out of a tree in his youth!