Steve has been a practicing and consulting arborist since 1983. He double majored in Plant Pathology and Botany at Colorado State University in 1983. Steve has participated in complex legal matters as an expert witness for a variety of clients including property owners, attorneys, corporations, real estate appraisers, insurers, city, county, state, and United States government. He is currently the Board Chair for the Tree Research and Education Endowment Fund. Steve is also past president of the American Society of Consulting Arborists, Society of Commercial Arboriculture and the Rocky Mountain Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture.
• Gene Eyerly Award for Outstanding Industry Service, October 2016, Rocky Mountain Chapter International Society of Arboriculture
• Tree Research and Education Endowment Fund, October 2013, Lifetime Achievement Award
• Society of Commercial Arboriculture, December 2011, Arborist of the Year
• True Professional in Arboriculture, August 2010, International Society of Arboriculture
• Outstanding Service Award, October 2005, October 2000, Rocky Mountain Chapter International Society of Arboriculture
• Honorary Life Member, August 2003, International Society of Arboriculture
• State Team Award, September 2000, Epsilon Sigma Phi and Colorado State University
Credentials and Licenses
• Registered Consulting Arborist #340
• Board Certified Master Arborist RM-0116B
• Licensed Qualified Supervisor, Colorado Pesticide Applicator 3791 – Forest, Rangeland, Aquatic, Public Health, Ornamental, and Turf Pest Control. Research and Demonstration and Industrial and Right-of-Way Weed Management.
• American Phytopathological Society
• American Society of Consulting Arborists
• Colorado Tree Coalition
• Entomological Society of America
• International Society of Arboriculture
• Society of Commercial Arboriculture
• Arboricultural Education & Research Academy
Presentations and Publications
Steve has given over 60 industry presentations. The presentation subject matter includes elements plant pathology, entomology, pruning, tree risk assessment, pesticide application / science, soil practice, soil management, diagnostic process, and biotic / abiotic disorders.
Steve has authored 14 papers and articles on climate, planting, insects, soil practice and plant health care.
Show me landscape content specific to my geography
Use Your Zipcode