Meet JP McDonnell
JP joined SavATree in 2021.
- ISA Certified Arborist #SO-7485A
- ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualified
- ASCA Registered Consulting Arborist #777
- International Society of Arboriculture
- American Society of Consulting Arborists.
- Mid-Atlantic Chapter, ISA
- ISA Appeals Committee, 2021 – present
- ISA Certified Arborist Test Committee, 2022 – present
- Chicago Region Trees Initiative’s (CRTI) Tree Risk Assessment and Management Work Group, 2021 – 2022
- JP was on the planning committee for a recent Climate Change Short Course which brought together a group of scientists and experts across the Midwest, in addition to a panel of local public land managers, for a full day of presentations and conversation about the impacts of climate change on our urban forests and how to increase resilience in the face of these impacts.
Why I Became an Arborist
“Urban trees and forests face increasing threats due to urbanization, climate change, and pests and diseases. I enjoy the opportunity to promote and increase the health and resilience of urban trees and forests to enhance environmental, social, and economic benefits for our communities.”
My Customer Service Philosophy
“I practice active listening, empathy, and clear and effective communication to understand each client’s individual needs and to ensure we are aligned on goals throughout the process.”
Featured in an ASCA article in February 2022.