Organic Care for Trees & Shrubs
The Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) is an international nonprofit organization that determines which input products are allowed for use in organic production and processing. OMRI Listed® products are allowed for use in certified organic operations under the USDA National Organic Program.
Since its inception, SavATree has had a passion for environmentally friendly tree, shrub, and lawn care that promotes and protects environmental integrity. We insist upon using certified and knowledgeable arborists who understand the intricate relationships between the plants, people, animals, and the community at large. Using this information, SavATree can balance your desires and plans for your landscape with a customized program that is both considerate of nature and helps to create a vigorous and sustainable environment.
SavATree’s organic program uses exclusive ingredients reviewed by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) under the same standards as the production of organic foods. Generally a property that is in reasonably good health, with fairly good soil conditions and free from infestations of insects, mites, diseases or weeds will receive the most benefit from a completely organic program.
Our hybrid program aims to maintain the health of landscape plants or turf by careful monitoring and use of environmentally sensitive cultural, preventive and curative strategies. Certain landscapes may have difficulties such as depleted nutrients, insects or disease conditions, weeds, or high-maintenance species that require intervention. Our hybrid solution allows the adjustment of materials to address a specific problem with a “rescue treatment” while still respecting nature’s existing harmony.
Traditional Integrated Treatment
This integrated program combines natural, synthetic and biological materials together to promote a productive growing environment with highly targeted and low impact treatments. This method always adheres to sound environmental practices, using the least intrusive approach to combat adverse landscape conditions.
Plant Health Care
Plant health care promotes the health and vigor of your landscape by choosing the right plants, providing the proper nourishment and carefully monitoring their condition to help them thrive. SavATree uses advanced fertilizer programs that revive plants by methodically adding essential nutrients to the soil based on specific tree and shrub needs. Arborists evaluate and factor in variables such as soil condition, age and health of species, location, weather and environmental stress so as to best treat a landscape.
Fertilizing Your Plants and Trees
Programs that include fertilizers to feed your trees and plants are all customized mixtures that contain one or more of the following ingredients:
- ArborKelp® - our exclusive seaweed biostimulant which promotes root growth and heightens stress tolerance
- Macronutrients – slow release nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium, which encourage plant health
- Micronutrients – ingredients to correct mineral deficiencies
- Mycorrhizae – essential fungus to simulate the forest environment
- ArborHealth® – a superior nutritional tree eco-friendly fertilizer program that supplies necessary nutrient elements for the garden soil
Additional Green Plant Health Care Services
- Arbor Patrol® - SavATree’s unique scouting and treatment program where specialists carefully monitor the condition of your trees to ensure that diseases, insects, or mites do not compromise the health of your trees
- Beneficial Insect Lure - Reduce the population of destructive pests invading your plants, naturally. A revolutionary method to attract beneficial, pest-fighting, insects to your property is now available
- Deer Deterrent - SavATree’s expert staff can help evaluate your property’s vulnerability to deer feeding and provide taste and odor treatments to deter deer and prevent damage to your landscape.
Cultural and Biological Practices
On this road to greenness, make sure not to overlook the essential implementation of cultural practices. Proper pruning; watering, seeding, aeration and selecting the right plant for the right location all help build a strong foundation and maintain plant health.
Knowing you are working with a company that can balance your needs and preferences with a combination of natural and responsible methods creates a healthy environment we can all enjoy now and into the future. Learn more about our partnerships with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and Audubon International. Review SavATree’s environmental policy.
Click or call today to arrange a complimentary consultation from our fully trained and certified arborists from SavATree. Contact the office nearest you.