“We appreciate the time and attention that your Arbor Patrol team takes to maintain the overall health and appearance of the trees, bushes and general grounds. As they say, you can only have one first impression and the impression the grounds make on both residents and visitors alike is always positive thanks to your caring maintenance. Just as the trees continue to grow and blossom under your care, we hope our relationship with SavATree does the same.”William Toedter
“After four different unsatisfactory visits with so-called arborists, I found SavaTree... I was most impressed with the professionalism of David [my arborists] and his colleagues. They were most knowledgeable, fair with their assessment about what needed to be done, yet very attuned with what my concerns. I highly recommend them without any hesitation. In a field where there is an abundance of folks looking to take advantage of consumers, SavaTree, David and crew strike me as incredibly honest and proud arborists who do a fantastic job.”Debbie Durkin
Silver Spring, MD
“I am a new and highly satisfied customer of SavATree. For 50 years I have lived in the same house in the Greenhaven area, and in that time I have never had a tree company that gave me such fine service.”Joan Kleinbard
“It is always a pleasure working with SavATree as your company provides the best plant, tree and lawn health care that we have experienced at the Ives. Always professional, courteous and responsive to our needs, SavATree’s services have provided our employees and patrons with pleasant outdoor experiences in an insect free environment for several years.”Kathleen G. Gallagher
The Charles Ives Center for the Arts
“For over 14 years, I have entrusted the care of my trees, plants and orchard to SavATree. Their highly qualified arborists have exacting standards and understand how to maintain the health and form of the various species of trees on my property. I admire the artistic skill that goes into the pruning and love the colorful blossoms, fruits and foliage that flourish as a result of their impeccable care.”Martha Stewart
"Efficient, high quality, professional competence — all at a competitive sum. At first [Alison] Pottage won me over by her solid knowledge as an arborist, then the crew did their job to her specifications on our 60 to 70 foot oaks within a remarkable period of time -- and left the grounds quite clean.”
Click here to read all testimonials
“You take on a job, call it a problem, gigantic or small, and you go to it. True Professionals. I am at peace for having found SavATree. Sometimes bills are paid grudgingly. I pay with respect to a company whose pride lives up to its logo. It’s love of what you do and I thank you.”Sam Fink
Great Neck, NY
Formula For A Quality Lawn
Developing and maintaining a good lawn requires a team effort. Today, many homeowners are realizing that it is possible to create and maintain a thick, uniform lawn by working in harmony with these four factors that will help you achieve a lawn you can be proud of.
Four Quality Lawn Factors
The timing and intensity of climatic factors such as precipitation, temperature, sunlight and wind speed all significantly affect the health and lushness of your lawn.
2. Varieties (Type of Grass)
Whether you are simply overseeding your lawn with new grass seed to renovate it, or are planting an entirely new lawn from seed or sod, selecting appropriate grass seed is very important. New varieties of Kentucky Bluegrasses, Ryegrasses and Fescues provide better color and are bred to be more tolerant of drought, disease and pests. Choosing the right genetic factors by picking the best turf varieties is just as important to grass as human genetics is to our health and longevity.
3. Cultural Practices
- Mow Lightly & Frequently - When mowing, cut no more than 1/3 the length of the blade. To maintain your lawn at a recommended height of 2 1/2 inches, mow before your lawn reaches 4 inches in height.. Never mow when your lawn is under stress; it can cause your lawn to turn brown and leave brown lines where your mower wheels have passed. In the summer, reduce stress and help insulate your lawn by raising your mowing height to 3-3 ½ inches.
- Aerate Each Year - Aeration helps relieve stress from compacted soil, reduce thatch build up and improve utilization of moisture from either irrigation or rainfall. All lawns benefit from annual or twice annual aeration to reduce thatch and compaction and improve moisture and air movement. Your lawn's root system will become stronger, resulting in a better quality lawn.
- Adjust the pH - Lawns with a pH less than 6.5 should be treated annually with Lime (sweetened).
- Leaves - Leaf removal on a frequent basis reduces thinning of your lawn due to smothering.
- Shaded Areas - Prune and thin out tree canopies to encourage light and air movement. This will help reduce the disease potential to your lawn. Also, consider planting attractive ground covers if the area is heavily shaded.
- Water - When you lawn needs water, it will acquire a bluish color; also, the foot prints you leave when walking on it last for several hours and have a silvery shine. Heavy watering (1-2 inches) every 5-7 days will replenish the needed water in your lawn to ensure that it continues growing. If you have an irrigation system, set it to run every 2 to 3 days but run longer per zone versus running a shorter period every day.
4. An Effective Program
In an ideal world, turf would get its nutrition solely from the soil. However, the most abundant sources of nutrients (i.e. leaves and grass clippings) are collected and disposed of. While leaving grass clippings on the lawn provides some nutrients, it is not sufficient. An effective lawn care program, based on carefully timed applications of complete balanced fertilizers, will provide your lawn with the nutrients it needs to thrive. Feeding your lawn every 6-8 weeks during the season is just as crucial for grass plants as eating regularly to look and feel good is for people! It is important to note that even a healthy lawn will have some weeds, insects, and occasional disease. However, these conditions can be managed with carefully timed and selected treatments.
Call today for a complimentary consultation from our fully trained and certified professionals for lawn disease treatment, lawn maintenance, and lawn care from SavATree. Click here to contact the office nearest you.
SavATree provides lawn care in the following areas: