Do you want to learn more about trees? Keep reading to find out the major types, what they need to grow, who their friends are in the forest, and more!
WHAT ARE THE SIX PARTS OF A TREE?
WHAT 4 THINGS DO TREES NEED TO GROW?
- Soil nutrients (food)
- Room for their roots
HOW DO TREES HELP OUR ENVIRONMENT?
- Trees turn carbon dioxide into oxygen that helps us breathe
- Trees reduce air pollution and prevent erosion
- Shelter and shade from the hot sun is provided by trees
- Wind and noise is blocked by trees
- Animals and other wildlife use trees as a place to live
- Trees look beautiful, and smell good too!
WHAT KINDS OF FRUIT GROW ON TREES?
All kinds of fruit grow on trees. Some of it you can eat, and some you can not. Always ask your parents before eating the fruit from a tree. Some of the most popular fruits that grow on trees are apples, oranges, bananas, peaches, pears and plums.
WHAT ANIMALS LIVE IN TREES?
Many animals make their home in a tree or among the tree tops. Trees make a great shelter from weather and help protect animals from dangerous predators. Some animals that live in trees are birds, frogs, squirrels, koalas, monkeys and snakes. Can you think of any more?
WHAT ARE THE 2 MAIN KINDS OF TREES?
Most trees are either deciduous, pronounced DEE-SID-YOU-US, or conifers. Most deciduous trees change color and lose their leaves in the fall. Conifers are also called evergreens because they keep their leaves and color all year long.