Leading in the Community of Practice
Members of the Consulting Group at SavATree
Made the following presentations:
- Baltimore Urban Waters Project. Urban Ecology Collaborative meeting. EPA Manhattan offices. Jan 2012.
- People + Trees in Cities: Introduction to the Consulting Group. SavATree 2012 Sales Conference. Stamford, CT. Feb 2012.
- Managing Trees During Construction: Protecting Trees During Site Improvements. AutumnTree Seminar. Chicago Botanic Garden. Feb 2012.
- The Role of Tree Protection and Management in Achieving Urban Tree Canopy Goals. Urban Ecology Collaborative webinar hosted by Urban Natural Resources Institute. April 2012.
- Avoid Injuries Caused by Trees - Basic Monitoring for Risk Factors. 2012 Green Industry Professional Field Day and Trade Show. American University. Washington, DC. July 2012.
- Urban Waters Federal Partners Day, 2012 National Training Conference. Success Stories: Baltimore. EPA HQ, Washington, DC. Oct 2012.
- Managing Trees During Construction. Professional Engineers Society of Union Co, NJ. October 2012.
- Urban Tree Canopy Goals: carpet bombing with trees? The roles of management and protection in realizing urban tree canopy goals. New Jersey Shade Tree Federation Annual Conference. Cherry Hill, NJ. Oct 2012.
- Managing Trees During Construction. Washington, DC Build Expo. Arlington, VA. Oct 2012.
- Tree Inventory: Leveraging New Technologies for Tree Inventory and Management. SavATree webinar. Nov 2012.
- Can you Google Your Trees? Partners in Community Forestry National Conference. Sacramento, CA. Nov 2012.
- Measuring Success: Tree Inventory, Tree Report Card. TreeBaltimore Working Group Second Annual Meeting. Vollmer Center, Cylburn Arboretum, Baltimore. Nov 2012.
- Urban Waters Federal Partnership: Baltimore. Urban Ecology Collaborative webinar. Nov 2012.
Authored the following articles:
- Galvin, M.F. 2008. The Urban Ecology Collaborative: a decade of learning on a community of interest. City Trees.
- Galvin, M.F. 2008. Is print sacred? The brave new world of digital platforms for content creators. The Arboricultural Consultant. Issue 3, 2012.
- Galvin, M.F. 2008. ANSI Part 6: The First Industry Consensus Standard for Tree Planting. Tree Care Industry. July 2012.
Were featured in the following articles:
- Mike Galvin: A Profile in Professionalism. Arborist News. October 2012.
- Codified: the $10 Hole. Landscape Architecture Magazine. November 2012.
Reviewed the following manuscripts:
- Best Management Practices Series (BMP) - Tree Inventories, International Society of Arboriculture
Served on the following committees:
- Program Chair, Annual Meeting, Mid-Atlantic Chapter, International Society of Arboriculture
- Editorial Review Committee, City Trees magazine, Society of Municipal Arborists
- Editorial Review Group, The Arboricultural Consultant magazine, American Society of Consulting Arborists
- Board Member, American Society of Consulting Arborists